Childhood cancer: current outlook
Pool, John L.
Murphy, Lois, 1916-
Scott, Richard S., 1938-
United States. Public Health Service.
American Radium Society.
American College of Radiology.
- [Reston, VA] : American College of Radiology, 1969
- Moving image
- Neoplasms Child Infant Neoplasms -- therapy Patient Care Team
- Case Reports Instructional Films and Videos
- This film was created as a professional educational extension of the American Radium Society on the occasion of its 50th anniversary. The film stresses the need for multiple disciplines to work together to treat childhood cancer. The three disciplines represented on this panel discussion were: surgery, radiation therapy, and chemotherapy. Three childhood cancer cases were discussed: a 9-month old with a tumor on the right kidney, a 7-month old with a tumor in the left groin, and a 10-year-old boy with a tumor on the arm. Diagrams of the children's areas of disease were shown though no photographic images of them were. Physicians also discussed and showed photographs of other patients as examples of similar treatment for childhood cancer, including one of a sarcoma of the eye.
- The National Library of Medicine believes this item to be in the public domain. (More information)
- 023 min.
- Black and white
- John L. Pool ; Lois Murphy, Lester W. Martin, Melvin Tefft, Lemuel Bowden ; produced and directed by Richard S. Scott ; director of production, Kay Lou Brown ; audiovisual committee, Frederick W. George III, Milton Friedman, James T. Helsper, Otha W. Linton.
- Received: (date unknown) as a donation from the National Medical Audiovisual Center.
- Live action
- NLM Unique ID:
- 9717524 (See catalog record)