The approach to objects by psychotic children
Anthony, E. James (Elwyn James), 1916-
University of London. Institute of Psychiatry.
New York University. Film Library.
- [New York, NY] : Distributed by New York University Film Library, 1957
- Moving image
- Psychotic Disorders Child Infant Object Attachment Psychotic Disorders -- pathology
- Instructional Films and Videos
- This silent film was shot in Maudsley Hospital, London, and shows children handling various types of objects, placing them in their mouths, and looking around for the objects when they are removed. Apparently in contrast to non-psychotic children, these subjects search for a missing object only in the place where it was located immediately prior to removal--in the child's left hand, for example.
- This item may be under copyright protection. Please ask copyright owner for permission before publishing.
- Copyright Holder:
- University of London Institute of Psychiatry; Source: Item; Research date: 12/06/2011
- 010 min.
- Black and white
- Directed by E.J. Anthony ; camera, P.V. Jacobs.
- Received: July 7, 1995 as a donation from the Western Psychiatric Institute & Clinic, Univ. of Pittsburgh Medical Center.
- Live action
- NLM Unique ID:
- 9616519 (See catalog record)