Bloomquist, Edward R., 1924-
- [Hollywood, CA] : Distributed by Bailey Films, 
- Moving image
- Marijuana Smoking Cannabis Psychology, Adolescent
- Instructional Films and Videos
- Celebrity Sonny Bono narrates this exploration of marijuana use, presenting the reasons often given to justify the drug as a better, safer choice than alcohol, cigarettes, or other substances. He points out the deficits in such reasoning, as well as the importance of respecting laws on marijuana. The program includes dramatized clashes between police and young people, and depictions of hallucinations experienced by pot smokers. The program offers scientific and legal facts as well as anecdotes to counter what it says are uninformed opinions common among users of marijuana. Teens mention their disappointment in the world adults have made for them, their fear of war, and their disdain for hypocrisy. Designed to provoke discussion, it encourages viewers to think through these issues for themselves.
- This item may be under copyright protection. Please ask copyright owner for permission before publishing.
- Copyright Holder:
- Avanti Films Productions; Source: Item; Research date: 11/17/2011
- 033 min.
- Narrator, Sonny Bono.
- Produced, written, and directed by Max Miller ; associate producer, John D. Schofield ; music composed by Gene Clark ; played by Things to Come ; editor, Paul Jasiukonis ; consultants, Edw. R. Bloomquist, John Warner ; director of product development and production, Justin Purchin.
- Received: Nov. 22, 1991 as a donation from the Texas Medical Association Library.
- Live action
- NLM Unique ID:
- 9510782 (See catalog record)