[Fears of children]
Bryan, Julien H. (Julien Hequembourg), 1899-1974
Hellams, Alfred A., 1912-
Senn, Milton J. E., 1902-
International Film Foundation.
National Association for Mental Health (U.S.)
- New York, NY : s.n., 1952]
- Moving image
- Fear Child Child Development Infant Parent-Child Relations Psychology, Child
- Instructional Films and Videos Popular Works
- A series of episodes typical of those arising in families with small children shows how the fears of a normal five-year-old named Paul are related to feelings about parents. His fears--of the dark, of being alone, of new situations--not only prevent him from enjoying experiences that other boys enjoy, but tend to widen the gap of misunderstanding between him and his parents. The film points out that Paul's feelings are common to children of his age and may be accentuated when parents become either unduly protective or over-severe.
- This item may be under copyright protection. Please ask copyright owner for permission before publishing.
- Copyright Holder:
- National Association for Mental Health; Source: Item; Research date: 11/18/2011
- 028 min.
- Black and white
- Rex Thompson, Anna Minot Franz, Peter Hobbs, Sarah Cunningham, Lee Richmond.
- Mental Health Film Board, K. Appel, L. Baumgartner, C. Binger, J.M. Bobbitt, M.R. Kaufman, T.A.C. Rennie, H.P. Rome, L. Saul, C. Schlaifer, A. Altman ; psychiatric consultants, A.A. Hellams, Milton Senn ; educational consultant, Nina Ridenour ; photographed by Peter Glushanok ; film editor, Joseph Dushock ; sound recordist, William Schwartz ; unit manager, Robert Betts ; script clerk, Allegra Fuller ; electrician, Stanley Meredith ; music arrangement, Herman Price ; written and directed by Francis Thompson.
- Received: Apr. 6, 1994 as a donation from the Western Psychiatric Institute and Clinic, University of Pittsburgh.
- Live action
- NLM Unique ID:
- 9510598 (See catalog record)