[Mother infant interaction]: [form of feeding at six weeks]
Brody, Sylvia, 1914-
New York University. Film Library.
Infant Development Research Project.
- [New York, NY : NY University Film Library, 1967]
- Moving image
- Mother-Child Relations Feeding Behavior Infant
- Instructional Films and Videos
- This is the first installment in a series about the behavioral and emotional interaction between mothers and infants in the first year of life. In a study of these relationships, more than 100 mother-infant pairs were observed clinically, and the feeding of each infant by the mother was filmed at intervals during the year. Seven types of maternal behavior with infants are shown. The narrator observes that a mother's handling of her infant during feeding is linked to the child's later behavior and personality.
- The National Library of Medicine believes this item to be in the public domain. (More information)
- 047 min.
- Black and white
- Sylvia Brody, Sidney Axelrad.
- Received: Apr. 6, 1994 as a donation from University of Pittsburgh, Western Psychiatric Institute and Clinic.
- Live action
- NLM Unique ID:
- 9505462 (See catalog record)