Personal hygiene for women. Part 1
- Series Title(s):
- United States Navy training film
United States. Navy Department. Bureau of Aeronautics.
United States. Navy Department Bureau of Medicine and Surgery.
- [Washington, DC] : Navy Dept., 
- Moving image
- Hygiene Military Personnel Women's Health
- Animation Instructional Films and Videos
- This military training film outlines for the Navy enlisted woman the routines she must establish and the habits she must acquire to remain in the best physical condition for performing her assigned duties. Advice is given on diet, sleep, exercise, relaxation, posture, girdles, shoes and stockings, foot-strengthening exercises, foot care, care of shoes and clothing, bodily cleanliness, body odors, skin, hand, nail, and hair care, skin diseases, head and body lice, care of the teeth, constipation, reproductive system, the menstrual cycle and care of the body during menstruation, douching, and vaginal discharges. Women are shown properly performing the above hygienic routines. Shots include: women navy personnel at their various assigned duties. Animation and three dimensional models are used to illustrate some anatomical structures and functions.
- The National Library of Medicine believes this item to be in the public domain. (More information)
- 045 min.
- Black and white
- Received: Jan. 10, 1961 as a donation from the U.S. Navy Bureau of Medical Surgery.
- Animation and live action
- NLM Unique ID:
- 9300845A (See catalog record)