The story of Wendy Hill
Warner News Inc.
United States. Public Health Service.
American Diabetes Association.
- [Washington, DC] : The Service, 
- Moving image
- Diabetes Mellitus
- Instructional Films and Videos
- The symptoms, diagnosis, and treatment of diabetes are outlined in the story of a young, small-town wife, her family, her physician, and some of the townspeople. Myths about diabetes are debunked. Guidelines for living a normal life while coping with diabetes are given. Insulin therapy is promoted when appropriate. Shots include: a traffic accident with an injured pedestrian; an ambulance crew loading an injured patient; hospital room; small-town doctor at the patient's bedside and in his office; a hospital nurse preparing a patient for a blood sugar test; a doctor interviewing a patient's husband; doctor breaking the news to the patient that she has diabetes; doctor counseling the patient and her husband in their home.
- The National Library of Medicine believes this item to be in the public domain. (More information)
- 019 min.
- Produced by Alfred Butterfield ; directed by Joseph E. Henabery ; photographed by William O. Steiner.
- Received: (date unknown) as a donation from USPHS.
- Live action
- NLM Unique ID:
- 8800594A (See catalog record)