Hand ditching for malaria control
- Series Title(s):
Communicable Disease Center (U.S.)
South Carolina State Board of Health.
United States. Public Health Service.
- [Atlanta, Ga.] : The Service, 
- Moving image
- Drainage, Sanitary -- methods Malaria -- prevention & control Mosquito Control -- methods
- Instructional Films and Videos
- The conditions which necessitate hand-ditching are outlined. The proper engineering and digging techniques for the construction of swamp drainage ditches are presented. Shots include: swamps in South Carolina; inspector in a swamp dipping for larvae; putting the larvae in vials for shipment to a laboratory; spray larvaciding on foot; surveying the swamp for ditching; work crews digging drainage ditches; swamp water running through the ditches; intersections of the ditches.
- The National Library of Medicine believes this item to be in the public domain. (More information)
- 005 min.
- Received: May 29, 1956 as a donation from USPHS.
- Live action
- NLM Unique ID:
- 8800526A (See catalog record)