Sins of the fathers
Canadian Motion Picture Productions.
Quebec Productions Corporation.
Canada. Royal Canadian Air Force.
United States. Public Health Service.
Medical Research Film Library (New York, N.Y.)
- [Canada] : Canadian Motion Picture Productions, c1948
- Moving image
- Mass Screening Public Health Syphilis -- prevention & control Syphilis -- transmission
- A dramatized story about a town where illegal activities are allowed to thrive, some of the politicians are dishonest, and a doctor and couple of colleagues try to help townspeople see that public health measures, especially those that might control syphilis, are necessary. Two of the most influential men in town oppose clean-up and public health efforts until their young adult children contract syphilis. Spliced into the dramatic film are segments of other educational films, including animated segments, that describe the symptoms and risks of syphilis. A butcher named Tony is excited about the birth of his first child, but the child is born dead because of a maternal syphilis infection. Some portion of the film Know for Sure appears to be included.
- The National Library of Medicine believes this item to be in the public domain. (More information)
- 084 min.
- Black and white
- Austin Willis, Joy Lafleur, John Pratt, Phyllis Carter, Suzanne Avon, Frank Heron, Robert Goodier, Mary Barclay, Georges Toupin, Alfred Gallagher, Dorothy Hervey, Alfred Dann, Beryl Dann, Gerald Rowan, Norman Taviss, Gordon Burwash, Frank Edwards, Harold Kelley, Richard Barclay, Frank Starr.
- Original screenplay by Gordon Burwash ; original music score composed by Morris C. Davis, arranged and conducted by Samuel Hersenhoren ; associate producer, Cyril Strange ; costumes designed by Mrs. Murray Bowen ; animations and clinical scenes supplied by the Royal Canadian Air Force, the United States Public Health Service, Federal Security Agency, [and] Medical Research Film Library ; director of photography, William Steiner ; operative cameraman, Charles Quick ; lighting,Edward Gunn ; art director, Hans Berends ; film editor, Richard J. Jarvis ; sound engineer, Henry Pierce ; recordist, Oscar Marcoux ; production manager, Gordon Burwash ; assistant director, Jean Boisvert ; dialogue director, John Pratt ; make-up Monica Salmon ; hair stylist, Rita Desbiens ; set decorations, Edward Barr ; wardrobe supervisor, Eileen Collier ; produced by Larry Cromien ; directed by Phil Rosen and Richard J. Jarvis.
- Received: (date unknown) as a donation from the United States Public Health Service.
- Live action
- NLM Unique ID:
- 8700900A (See catalog record)