This is TB
Lyght, Charles E. (Charles Everard), 1901-
National Tuberculosis Association.
United States. Public Health Service.
Emerson Yorke Studio.
- [New York, NY] : The Studio, c1946
- Moving image
- Tuberculosis, Pulmonary
- Divided into several chapters, this educational film examines what tuberculosis is, what causes it, who is susceptible, how it is diagnosed and cured, and how to avoid contracting the disease. The narrator sternly emphasizes that tuberculosis affects people of all ages, races, and incomes. Common symptoms are described, along with typical means of transmission. The critical role of the medical professional in diagnosing and prescribing treatment is addressed, as is life inside a sanatorium. Strategies for avoiding TB are presented.
- The National Library of Medicine believes this item to be in the public domain. (More information)
- 011 min.
- Black and white
- Technical supervision, Charles E. Lyght ; cinematography, Edward Horton ; editor, F. Howard O'Neill ; original music, Solita Palmer ; written and directed by Emerson Yorke.
- Received: Apr. 25, 1955 as a donation from National Tuberculosis Association.
- Live action
- NLM Unique ID:
- 8700778A (See catalog record)