Home care of tuberculosis: the role of the public health nurse
- Alternate Title(s):
- Role of the public health nurse in the home care of tuberculosis
Eshleman, Fannie W.
National Tuberculosis Association.
Pathescope Company of America.
Ideal Pictures Corporation (Chicago, Ill.)
- [New York, NY] : The Association, c1943
- Moving image
- Home Care Services Public Health Nursing Tuberculosis, Pulmonary -- nursing
- With a typical family and a typical case of tuberculosis, this film emphasizes the role played by the hospital-trained nurse in the care and recovery of the patient. By explanation, demonstration, and participation, it stresses the importance of cleanliness, bed rest, separation from others, and medical direction; also proper nutrition, disposal of contaminated articles, morale, preventing the spread of tubercle bacilli, occupational therapy, and gaining the understanding and cooperation of both the patient and his family.
- The National Library of Medicine believes this item to be in the public domain. (More information)
- 016 min.
- Black and white
- Fannie Eshleman.
- Received: Apr. 25, 1955 as a donation from the National Tuberculosis Association.
- Live action
- NLM Unique ID:
- 8700228A (See catalog record)