To the people of the United States
- Alternate Title(s):
- To the people, USA
Wanger, Walter, 1894-1968
Kirk, Norman T. (Norman Thomas), 1888-1960
Parran, Thomas, Jr., 1892-1968
Burney, Leroy E. (Leroy Edgar), 1906-1998
Hersholt, Jean, 1886-1956
- [S.l. : s.n., 1944]
- Moving image
- This film stresses the intensity of the problem of syphilis by numbers of cases and cost in dollars and heartache. Shown are the importance and relative ease of detection and cure, and a comparison to Denmark's syphilis program. Film also includes exterior shots of the Public Health Service building in Washington, D.C.; Oregon State Hospital; Arizona Hospital for Mental Diseases; and the National Soldiers Home. In addition, it shows the following scenes: the Flying Fortress taking off; children playing; women working at machines in a factory; people bowling, diving into a pool, playing tennis, plowing fields, harvesting crops, Girl Scouts marching, and babies in an infant nursery in an army hospital.
- The National Library of Medicine believes this item to be in the public domain. (More information)
- 021 min.
- Black and white
- Jean Hersholt, Robert Mitchum, Noel Berry, Jr.
- Norman T. Kirk, Thomas Parran ; script by Edmund L. Hartmann ; technical adviser, L.E. Burney ; direction by Arthur Lubin ; art direction by Alexander Golitzen ; photography by Milton Krasner.
- Received: (date unknown) as a donation from the Veterans Administration.
- Live action
- NLM Unique ID:
- 8700222A (See catalog record)