Soldier from the tropics
United States. Office of War Information. Domestic Branch. Bureau of Motion Pictures.
- [Washington, DC] : The Office, 
- Moving image
- Insect Vectors Malaria -- prevention & control Mosquito Control -- methods United States
- This film dramatizes transmission of malaria and shows diagnosis and control of malaria outbreaks in an unnamed American town. The story begins with a soldier home from the tropics who has been infected with malaria while on duty. He begins to feel better, so does not continue with his prescribed medication. Bitten by mosquitoes at home, which then bite others, he unwittingly helps to spread the disease. Town leaders and physicians are shown discussing and diagnosing the outbreak, and taking measures to rid the town of Anopheles.
- The National Library of Medicine believes this item to be in the public domain. (More information)
- 010 min.
- Black and white
- Received: (date unknown) as a donation from the United States Public Health Service.
- Live action
- NLM Unique ID:
- 8700220A (See catalog record)