The silent war: Colombia's fight against yellow fever : a film
Van Dyke, Willard.
Maddow, Ben, 1909-1992
Documentary Film Productions (New York, N.Y.)
- [New York, N.Y.?] : Documentary Film Productions, 
- Moving image
- Vaccination Yellow Fever -- history Yellow Fever -- prevention & control Colombia
- This film stresses the importance of good health for soldiers fighting in different climates during World War II. It profiles jungle diseases, especially yellow fever, and describes laboratory research conducted jointly by U.S. and Colombian researchers to develop a vaccine. The importance of spraying for mosquitoes and vaccinating a population is stressed and demonstrated in Colombia.
- The National Library of Medicine believes this item to be in the public domain. (More information)
- 010 min.
- Black and white
- Edited by Irving Lerner.
- Live action
- NLM Unique ID:
- 8700218A (See catalog record)