Wilbur G. Downs, M.D
- Alternate Title(s):
- Dr. Downs
- Series Title(s):
- Workers in tropical medicine
Aitken, Thomas H. G.
Centers for Disease Control (U.S.)
American Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene.
- [Atlanta, Ga.] : CDC, 
- Moving image
- Malaria -- history Tropical Medicine Downs, Wilbur G., 1913-1991.
- From the Workers in Tropical Medicine series produced by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), this interview with Dr. Wilbur Downs sheds light on a scientific career that included research on malaria, lassa fever, dengue, scrub typhus, leprosy, and other diseases. Over the course of his career, Dr. Downs carried out field training, research, and direction of laboratories in Trinidad; Mexico; Venezuela; Colombia; Okinawa, Japan; and other locales. He was trained at Cornell and Johns Hopkins and worked many years with the Rockefeller Institute and later the Yale Arbovirus Research Unit.
- The National Library of Medicine believes this item to be in the public domain. (More information)
- 056 min.
Black and white
- Interviewed by Thomas H.G. Aitken.
- NLM Unique ID:
- 8700065A (See catalog record)