Syphilis: a motion picture clinic
Fishbein, Morris, 1889-1976
Hayden, Austin A.
Council on Drugs (American Medical Association)
United States. Public Health Service.
Burton Holmes Films (Chicago, Ill.)
- [Washington, D.C.?] : The Service, 
- Moving image
- Syphilis Syphilis Serodiagnosis
- This American Medical Association (AMA) and U.S. Public Health Service (PHS)-sponsored film aims to present the most current knowledge about causes, effects, and treatment of syphilis. Remarks by the heads of the AMA and PHS open the film, and doctors are shown lecturing and describing symptoms and indications of primary and secondary syphilis. Clinical techniques for examining patients and testing for syphilis are shown. Recommended treatments including arsenic, bismuth, and mercury for various manifestations and duration of disease are presented. This film includes explicit images of affected genitalia.
- The National Library of Medicine believes this item to be in the public domain. (More information)
- 077 min.
- Black and white
- Initiated and edited by Morris Fishbein ; Austin A. Hayden, Olin West ; supervised by Herbert C. Hoagland ; directed by C.F. Van Arsdale.
- Live action
- NLM Unique ID:
- 8601394A (See catalog record)