All my babies: a midwife's own story
Stoney, George C.
Brooks, Arthur A.
Cadwallader, Marian F.
Mitchell, Hannah D.
Mason, William A. (William Alfred), 1898-
Georgia. Department of Public Health.
Association of American Medical Colleges. Medical Audio-Visual Institute.
- [Atlanta, GA] : The Dept., c1952
- Moving image
- Delivery, Obstetric Home Childbirth Maternal Health Services Midwifery Georgia Cook, Mary, (Midwife)
- Personal Narratives
- This film features a middle-aged, experienced midwife named Mrs. Mary Cooley. Throughout the film, Mrs. Cooley helps two women, Ida and Marybell, throughout their pregnancies and deliveries. Ida, a mother of two, is very responsible and attends regular checkups, whereas Marybell confesses to have never seen a doctor and has had one miscarriage and one stillborn infant. Mrs. Cooley takes both women to the doctor for regular blood and urine tests, explains to them what they should eat to have healthy pregnancies, and helps get their homes ready. It is clear that she has a good relationship with the two expectant mothers and quickly earns their trust. A public health officer lectures a group of midwives on the importance of keeping everything clean. Earlier, a baby in their town died of infection, which put Mrs. Cooley on edge, afraid that she, too, might lose a baby to carelessness. Eventually, with much careful preparation, Mrs. Cooley delivers both babies without complication, and a post-delivery checkup proves that both mothers are healthy.
- The National Library of Medicine believes this item to be in the public domain. (More information)
- 035 min.
- Black and white
- Mary Cook.
- Marian F. Cadwallader, Hannah D. Mitchell ; introduced by Wm. A. Mason ; director of photography, Peaslee Bond ; sound engineer, Walter Winn ; chief electrician, Robert Downey ; sound service, McGeary-Smith, Inc. ; edited by Sylvia K. Cummins ; musical director, Louis Applebaum ; music performed by the Musical Art Chorus.
- Received: (date unknown) as a donation from the National Library of Medicine.
- Live action
- NLM Unique ID:
- 8600326A (See catalog record)