Examination of the mouth
Ross, William L.
Johnson, Robert H., M.D
Hayes, Richard L.
Cancer Control Program (Public Health Service)
Fidelity Film Productions.
National Center for Chronic Disease Control (U.S.)
- [Washington, DC] : U.S. Dept. of Health, Education, and Welfare, Public Health Service, Bureau of Disease Prevention and Environmental Control, National Center for Disease Control, 
- Moving image
- Mouth Diseases -- diagnosis Mouth Neoplasms -- diagnosis
- Instructional Films and Videos
- This film stresses the importance of routine oral examination to detect infections or early diagnosis of oral cancer. Dr. Robert Johnson demonstrates a routine oral exam while explaining the procedure. The film also shows oral cancers in their early stages of development. The film concludes with an appeal by the Chief of the U.S> Public Health Service's Cancer Control Program, Dr. William L. Ross. He urges dentists to examine and test for oral cancer, arguing that the patient's overall health, not just their teeth, is the dental practioner's responsibility.
- The National Library of Medicine believes this item to be in the public domain. (More information)
- 009 min.
- William L. Ross, Robert H. Johnson ; technical consultant, Richard L. Hayes ; production consultant, Richard O. Deltrick.
- Received: (date unknown) as a donation from the United States Public Health Service.
- Live action
- NLM Unique ID:
- 8600062A (See catalog record)