Syphilis: management of syphilis in general practice
Bowen, Carroll T. (Carroll Thomas), 1904-
Usher, Glenn S.
Cole, Harold N.
United States. Public Health Service.
- Washington, DC : The Service, 1942
- Moving image
- Instructional Films and Videos
- This film explains the early, late, and latent diagnosis of syphilis and shows its treatment with different methods. The methods include drugs, artificial fever therapy, and prophylaxis. The film also shows a chart with different drugs and their dosages and contraindications. In addition, it explains the importance of having venereal disease educational media, e.g., pamphlets, posters, radio broadcasts, motion pictures, lectures, and seminars. Locations include: doctor's office, hospital, and venereal disease clinic.
- The National Library of Medicine believes this item to be in the public domain. (More information)
- 021 min.
- Clinical photography, Carroll T. Bowen ; medical direction, Glenn S. Usher ; general direction, W. Allen Luey ; production, Howard Ennes ; medical consultants, Harold N. Cole, Joseph E. Moore, Paul A. O'Leary, Thomas Parran, Francis E. Senear, John H. Stokes, Lida J. Usilton, Raymond A. Vonderlehr.
- Received: (date unknown) as a donation from USPHS.
- Live action
- NLM Unique ID:
- 8500765A (See catalog record)