Cancer: the problem of early diagnosis
American Cancer Society.
National Cancer Institute (U.S.)
- [Washington, DC] : The Society, c1949
- Moving image
- Neoplasms -- diagnosis Neoplasms
- This film is an overview of the five most deadly forms of cancer and emphasizes the need for early detection. It shows the symptoms, maturation, examination, and effective treatment including the surgery for breast, cervix, stomach, rectum, and lung cancers. It gives statistics and mortality rates for each type. It also includes a dramatization of the 1881 first stomach cancer operation performed by Dr. Billroth in Vienna, Austria. Film says simple mastectomies have no place in cancer operations.
- The National Library of Medicine believes this item to be in the public domain. (More information)
- 032 min.
- Received: (date unknown) as a donation from the National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health.
- Live action
- NLM Unique ID:
- 8500732A (See catalog record)