Anatomy of sex history : the wife's husband
- Alternate Title(s):
- Wife's husband
Lief, Harold I.
Reed, David M.
Center for the Study of Sex Education in Medicine.
- [Raritan, N. J.] : The Corp., 
- Moving image
- Interview, Psychological -- methods Marital Therapy -- methods Sex Education Sexual Dysfunction, Physiological -- therapy
- The purpose of this presentation is to demonstrate a conjoint sex counseling interview. This objective is achieved with the aid of two clinical subjects, the therapist and Dr. Lief, the Director of the Center for Study of Sex Education in Medicine, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine. The program notes that this film which is a sequel to the film "The Frigid Wife" illustrates the conjoint method and stresses the importance of seeing both partners. In this presentation Dr. Reed, the therapist, interviews the husband, Bob. This is to give Bob the feeling that he is getting the same amount of time as his wife and avoids placing the "blame" for the problem on one partner. Only the beginning and the end of the interview are shown, during which Dr. Reed discusses his observations from Linda's initial interview and then explores Bob's early sex education, and Bob's appraisal of the problem within the marriage. Linda then joins them for the conjoint session and they explore the problems they are having with their relationship to each other. Several observations and suggestions are made by Dr. Reed to reestablish communication between them. The viewer is then asked to compare his observations with those of the authors and observe certain aspects of the interview techniques and the interactional dynamics during the instant replay of the interview.
- This item may be under copyright protection. Please ask copyright owner for permission before publishing.
- Copyright Holder:
- Ortho Pharmaceutical Corporation; Source: Item; Research date: 01/03/2012
- 030 min.
- Harold I. Lief, David M. Reed.
- Live action
- NLM Unique ID:
- 7600864A (See catalog record)
- OCLC no.: