The dentist and cancer
Spratt, John S. (John Stricklin), 1929-
Rowe, Nathaniel H.
American Cancer Society.
- [New York] : The Society, c1966
- Moving image
- Dentistry Mouth Neoplasms -- diagnosis
- This program discusses the techniques dentists can use to detect oral cancer. The program begins with an examination of a patient who has had oral cancer and emphasizes the importance of early detection to prevent metastases. The program stresses that cancer in different oral sites presents with different problems. The presentation includes the symptoms, incidence and distribution of cancer of the lower lip, tongue and floor of the mouth. The program presents a routine examination with emphasis on the symptoms representative of cancer. The program includes history taking and biopsy and discusses briefly the surgical treatment and management of oral lesions which prove cancerous.
- This item may be under copyright protection. Please ask copyright owner for permission before publishing.
- Copyright Holder:
- American Cancer Society; Source: Item; Research date: 12/15/2011
- 021 min.
- Nathaniel H. Rowe, John S. Spratt.
- Live action
- NLM Unique ID:
- 7600130A (See catalog record)