A call to lead: the case for accelerating academic health center transformation
- Series Title(s):
- Report (Blue Ridge Academic Health Group)
Blue Ridge Academic Health Group, issuing body.
Emory University, issuing body.
Robert W. Woodruff Health Sciences Center, issuing body.
- Atlanta, GA : Woodruff Health Sciences Center, Emory University, 2014
- Academic Medical Centers -- organization & administration Health Care Reform Hospitals, Teaching -- organization & administration Leadership Academic Medical Centers -- economics Academic Medical Centers -- trends Accountable Care Organizations Economic Recession Forecasting Health Expenditures -- trends Health Insurance Exchanges Hospitals, Teaching -- economics Hospitals, Teaching -- trends Humans Colorado Georgia Massachusetts Michigan Pennsylvania United States United States.
- Technical Report
- Unprecedented economic and policy forces are restructuring health care and insurance markets. Academic Health Center (AHC) leaders face critical challenges in developing a comprehensive vision and leading its implementation in their organizations. The challenges reflect the fact that AHCs are complex adaptive systems that cannot be effectively changed through traditional command-and-control management approaches. This report offers an analysis of these challenges and then summarizes recommendations for how leaders can approach and achieve enterprise transformation by building new platforms on which AHCs can serve their vital roles in their local communities and across our nation. Lessons learned from five examples of initiatives currently under way at AHCs reinforce the recommendations proposed to accelerate needed transformation.
- Reproduced with permission of the copyright holder. Further use of the material is subject to CC BY-NC-DC license. (More information)
- 1 online resource (1 PDF file (38 pages))
- NLM Unique ID:
- 101695937 (See catalog record)