One of the advertisements placed in medical publications in 1873 by John Shaw Billings, attempting to fill gaps in the Library's collection of journals. This appeared in the New York Medical Record, September 15, 1873. Appears in A history of the National Library of Medicine by Dr. Wyndham D. Miles, p. 55.
The National Library of Medicine believes this item to be in the public domain. (More information)