- Uniform Title(s):
- Threshold (Audio Productions)
Lee, Edgar, Jr., consultant
Junod, Suzanne White, donor
National Institute of General Medical Sciences (U.S.), sponsoring body.
Audio Productions, production company.
- [New York, N.Y.] : Audio Productions, 
- Moving image
- Anesthesiology Biomedical Research Pain Threshold Pain Management
- Documentaries and Factual Films
- This film presents medical research and treatment in the field of anesthesiology. The application of research-based anesthesiology in surgical, respiratory, and intensive care units for the critically ill, and the diagnosis and treatment of persistent pain, are shown and addressed. Physicians discuss how much is still unknown about how anesthesia works, how they prepare patients to participate in research studies, and their inclincation to test certain approaches on themselves before using them on a patient. The challenges of pediatric surgery are mentioned. Doctors discuss their own backgrounds and philosophies.
- The National Library of Medicine believes this item to be in the public domain. (More information)
- 027 min.
- Technical advisor, Edgar Lee Jr., M.D. ; project supervisor, Helen Neal ; directed by Tracy Ward and edited with Anita Posner, Molly Smollett ; producers, Louis Mucciolo, Thomas A. Pyle.
- Gift; Suzanne White Junod, Food and Drug Administration ; 20020709; Acc# 2002-17.
- Live action
- NLM Unique ID:
- 101626475 (See catalog record)