Trendspotting: how IT triggers better care in nursing homes
- Series Title(s):
- Issue brief (California HealthCare Foundation)
California HealthCare Foundation.
- Oakland, Calif. : California HealthCare Foundation, 
- Decision Support Systems, Clinical Medical Informatics Applications Nursing Homes -- organization & administration Organizational Innovation Outcome and Process Assessment (Health Care) Quality Improvement Homes for the Aged Pressure Ulcer -- nursing Pressure Ulcer -- prevention & control Program Development Time Factors Humans California United States
- Technical Report
- To help nursing homes effectively link IT with quality improvement (QI), this issue brief highlights a program called On-Time Quality Improvement (On-Time QI), which has been implemented successfully in nursing homes. This program provides clinical decision-making tools that were developed to address common nursing home problems. Also included in the program are strategies for tool use and guided facilitation for nursing home front-line staff to improve risk identification and care coordination across disciplines. On-Time QI is designed to be straightforward for clinicians and promote an understanding of how to integrate CDS tools into everyday practice.
- Reproduced with permission of the copyright holder. Further use of the material is subject to CC BY license. (More information)
- NLM Unique ID:
- 101589914 (See catalog record)