Szent-Gyorgyi's research into the molecular basis of muscle contraction required sophisticated equipment and staff members who could maintain and operate it. Delbert Philpott joined Szent-Gyorgyi's team in 1953 and was responsible for the electron microscopy for all the researchers at MBL.. This image is part of a series of photographs taken for possible use in "Research Center for the Life Sciences" [1954-1956], a publicity brochure for the Marine Biological Laboratory. It appeared in the brochure on page 11.
This item may be under copyright protection; contact the copyright owner for permission before re-use.