Medicaid and mental health services
- Series Title(s):
- NHPF background paper
George Washington University. National Health Policy Forum.
- Washington, D.C. : George Washington University, 
- Insurance Coverage Medicaid Mental Health Services -- economics Health Expenditures Health Services Needs and Demand Managed Care Programs Mental Disorders -- therapy Humans United States
- Technical Report
- Medicaid is the largest payer of mental health services in the United States, contributing more than any other private or public source of funding. This background paper highlights the variety of services and supports needed by individuals with mental illness and Medicaid's increasing role in mental health coverage. It provides an overview of Medicaid coverage of mental health services and identifies some of the key challenges in providing that coverage.
- The National Library of Medicine believes this item to be in the public domain. (More information)
- 19 pages
- NLM Unique ID:
- 101490759 (See catalog record)