Regional medical programs (revised)
DeBakey, Michael E. (Michael Ellis), 1908-2008
National Library of Medicine (U.S.)
- [Bethesda, Md.] : National Library of Medicine, 1995
- Moving image
- Regional Medical Programs Legislation, Medical United States United States. Regional Medical Programs Service.
- Documentaries and Factual Films
- This video provides a brief overview of the establishment of the Regional Medical Programs in the 1960s. President Lyndon Johnson had asked Dr. Michael DeBakey to develop recommendations for improving the sharing of health and medical research and information to combat heart disease, cancer, and stroke in America. In October 1965, the Regional Medical Programs (RMP) were established, based at key medical libraries and institutions across the country. The RMP was scaled back in 1974 when changes in leadership led to a loss of funding and support for the programs.
- The National Library of Medicine believes this item to be in the public domain. (More information)
- 007 min.
Black and white
- Live action
- NLM Unique ID:
- 101472445 (See catalog record)