A ramshackle tar paper shack in East Orange, NJ, owned by Thomas Edison, is the first motion picture studio in the United States. On the stage is a waiter standing next to a man sitting at a table while another man stands. Facing the men is a wooden camera, officially called the kinetograph (Edison called it the doghouse).
The National Library of Medicine believes this item to be in the public domain. (More information)
Is part of: American medico-surgical bulletin Vol. 8, no. 1106 (1895)