Blue jacket holiday
United States. National Archives and Records Administration.
United States. Army Pictorial Service.
- [Washington, D.C. : National Archives, 199-?]
- Moving image
- Military Medicine World War II Malaria -- prevention & control Infection Control
- Documentaries and Factual Films
- A collection of films, some created by the United States Army Pictorial Service, cobbled together at the National Archives. About half the films have some medical relevance. Rumors is an animated Private Snafu cartoon about what happens when a rumor is spread on a military base. The set of Private Snafu vs. Malaria Mike animated films are about military preparations to fight malaria, and appear twice in the film list. Target Snafu is about ignoring malaria prevention precautions. The Enemy Bacteria is a color film with animated segments about cleanliness. It shows slides of microscopic bacteria and describes what happens when bacteria are allowed to grow.
- The National Library of Medicine believes this item to be in the public domain. (More information)
- 077 min.
Black and white
- Received: Sept. 25, 2006; purchase; from the National Archives and Records Administration.
- Animation and live action
- NLM Unique ID:
- 101290544 (See catalog record)