National Center for Biotechnology Information: announcement of David J. Lipman as director
Pepper, Claude, 1900-1989
Lindberg, Donald A. B., 1933-
Lipman, David (David J.)
National Library of Medicine (U.S.)
- [Bethesda, Md. : National Library of Medicine], 1989
- Moving image
- Biomedical Research Information Dissemination Anniversaries and Special Events Lister Hill National Center for Biomedical Communications.
- This video documents a press event announcing Dr. David J. Lipman as the first director of the National Center for Biotechnology Information, established at the National Library of Medicine in 1988. Jack Whitehead, chairman of the Friends of the National Library of Medicine, discusses the importance of the new center and its mission to develop and manage information-handling systems. Senator Claude Pepper, architect of the legislation creating the center, talks about its importance as a place to assimilate scientific and biomedical research and share that information widely. Dr. Donald Lindberg, director of the National Library of Medicine, says a few words to introduce Dr. Lipman, announces the advisory board, and briefly discusses the human genome project. Dr. Lipman answers questions about the work of the center and the technology underpinning it.
- The National Library of Medicine believes this item to be in the public domain. (More information)
- 021 min.
- Live action
- NLM Unique ID:
- 101264196 (See catalog record)