The cry for help
Rowland, Loyd W., 1902-1981
Stoney, George C.
Farberow, Norman L.
Shneidman, Edwin S.
Louisiana Association for Mental Health.
United States. Public Health Service.
George C. Stoney Associates.
- United States : Louisiana Association for Mental Health : National Institute for Mental Health, c1962
- Moving image
- Suicide Police -- education
- Instructional Films and Videos
- This film depicts several situations in which police must contend with suicides or suicide attempts. The situations include those who attempt suicide while in jail, a young man in college who uses a rifle, a young woman living at home using pills, a middle-aged man who contemplates using a handgun when he finds out he has a severe health problem, and another woman who slashes her wrists.
- This item may be under copyright protection. Please ask copyright owner for permission before publishing.
- Copyright Holder:
- George C. Stoney Associates; Source: Item; Research date: 12/27/2011
- 032 min.
- Black and white
- Planned by Loyd W. Rowland ; written and directed by George C. Stoney, assisted by Bertram Salzman ; photographed by Andrew Costikyan, assisted by Kenneth Mazawa ; recorded by William Peleck ; edited by Sylvia Cummins Betts ; narrated by James Daly ; based on the research of Norman C. Farberow and Edwin S. Shneidman ; psychiatric advisor, S. Eugene Long ; representing the National Institute of Health, Harold M. Hildreth.
- Received: Part of a transfer from the National Audiovisual Center
- Live action
- NLM Unique ID:
- 100895557 (See catalog record)