You searched for: Collections Medicine in the Americas, 1610-1920 Remove constraint Collections: Medicine in the Americas, 1610-1920 Genre Biography Remove constraint Genre: Biography Start Over
1. The hospitals and surgeons of Paris: an historical and statistical account of the civil hospitals of Paris : with miscellaneous information, and biographical notices of some of the most eminent of the living Parisian surgeons
- New York : J. & H.G. Langley, 1843
- New York : H.S. Taylor, steam job printer, 1863
American Civil War
McMaster, Zalamon James, 1831-1863.
3. The country physician!: an address upon the life and character of the late Dr. Frederick Dorsey of Washington County, Maryland, delivered in the Lutheran Church, at Hagerstown
- Baltimore : Printed by William K. Boyle, 1867
Dorsey, Frederick, 1774-1858.
- Philadelphia : Published by James Webster, 1814
Brown, John, 1735-1788.
5. A brief sketch of the life, character, and writings of William Charles Wells, M.D., F.R.S: an address delivered before the Louisville Medical Society, December 7th, 1849
- Louisville, KY. : Prentice and Weissinger, 1849
Wells, William Charles, 1757-1817.
6. Humboldt's life and character: an address before the Linnaean Association of Pennsylvania College, delivered at the annual commencement, September 14, 1859
- Philadelphia : Collins, Printer, 1859
- Natural Science Disciplines
Humboldt, Alexander von, 1769-1859.
7. Sketches of prominent surgeons of London and Paris, introductory to a course of surgical lectures
- Philadelphia : Published at the Office of the Medical Examiner, 1839
- General Surgery
8. Biographical sketch of J. Kearny Rodgers, M.D: fellow of the College of Physicians and Surgeons of the University of the State of New York, and one of its trustees, surgeon to the New York Hospital and New York Eye Infirmary, consulting surgeon of the New York Lying-In Asylum, of the Institution for the Blind, and of the Emigrants' Hospital, formerly president of the N.Y. County Medical Society, and Vice-President of the Academy of Medicine, and honorary member of the New York Pathological Society
- New York : G.A.C. Van Beuren, Printer ..., 1852
- General Surgery -- history
History, 19th Century
Rodgers, J. Kearny (John Kearny), 1793-1851.
9. Address on the scientific life and labors of William C. Redfield, A.M., first president of the American Association for the Advancement of Science: delivered before the Association at their Annual Meeting in Montreal, August 14, 1857
- New Haven : Printed by E. Hayes, 1857
Redfield, W. C. (William C.), 1789-1857.
10. A brief memorial of the late Judge John K. Kane: senior vice-president of the Pennsylvania Institution for the Instruction of the Blind
- [Pennsylvania? : s.n., 1858?]
- Hospitals, Special
Kane, John K. (John Kintzing), 1795-1858.