The silent war: Colombia's fight against yellow fever : a film
- The silent war: Colombia's fight against yellow fever : a film
- Publication Date:
- [New York, N.Y.?] : Documentary Film Productions, 
Black and white
- Vaccination Yellow Fever -- history Yellow Fever -- prevention & control Colombia
- The National Library of Medicine believes this item to be in the public domain.
- See catalog record: 8700218A http://resource.nlm.nih.gov/8700218A
This film stresses the importance of good health for soldiers fighting in different climates during World War II. It profiles jungle diseases, especially yellow fever, and describes laboratory research conducted jointly by U.S. and Colombian researchers to develop a vaccine. The importance of spraying for mosquitoes and vaccinating a population is stressed and demonstrated in Colombia.
Credits: Edited by Irving Lerner.
NLM Permanence Rating: Permanent: Unchanging content