The domestic encyclopaedia : or, A dictionary of facts, and useful knowledge: comprehending a concise view of the latest discoveries, inventions, and improvements ; chiefly applicable to rural and domestic economy ; together with descriptions of the most interesting objects of nature and art ; the history of men and animals, in a state of health or disease ; and practical hints respecting the arts and manufactures, both familiar and commercial ; illustrated with numerous engravings and cuts ; in five volumes ; volume I[-V (Volume 5)
- Alternate Title(s):
- Dictionary of facts, and useful knowledge
Mease, James, 1771-1846, editor
Birch, William Young, 1764-1837, publisher
Small, Abraham, 1764?-1829, publisher
Carr, Robert, 1778-1866, printer
Shallus, Francis, engraver
T. & J. Swords (Firm), publisher.
- Philadelphia : Published by William Young Birch, and Abraham Small, no. 17, South Second-Street : and T. & J. Swords, New-York ; Robert Carr, printer, 1803[-1804]
- Technology Housekeeping Medicine
- Encyclopedias Popular Works
- The National Library of Medicine believes this item to be in the public domain.
- First American edition ; with additions, applicable to the present situation of the United States / by James Mease, M.D
- NLM Unique ID:
- 101527562 (See catalog record)