Regional medical programs (revised)
- Regional medical programs (revised)
- Publication Date:
- [Bethesda, Md.] : National Library of Medicine, 1995
Black and white
- Regional Medical Programs Legislation, Medical United States United States. Regional Medical Programs Service. Documentaries and Factual Films
- The National Library of Medicine believes this item to be in the public domain.
- See catalog record: 101472445 http://resource.nlm.nih.gov/101472445
- This video provides a brief overview of the establishment of the Regional Medical Programs in the 1960s. President Lyndon Johnson had asked Dr. Michael DeBakey to develop recommendations for improving the sharing of health and medical research and information to combat heart disease, cancer, and stroke in America. In October 1965, the Regional Medical Programs (RMP) were established, based at key medical libraries and institutions across the country. The RMP was scaled back in 1974 when changes in leadership led to a loss of funding and support for the programs.