President Roosevelt dedicates the National Institute of Health: Bethesda, Maryland, October 31, 1940
- Publication Date:
- Bethesda, Md. : National Library of Medicine, 1991
Black and white
- Health Policy United States National Institute of Health (U.S.) United States. Public Health Service. National Cancer Institute (U.S.) Documentaries and Factual Films
- The National Library of Medicine believes this item to be in the public domain.
- See catalog record: 100941041
- Permanent Link:
- This film incorporates the audio of a speech given by President Franklin Delano Roosevelt at the dedication of the National Institute of Health, October 31, 1940, with still photographs taken during the speech. FDR spoke about the role of government in preserving health, the roles of the Public Health Service and the National Cancer Institute, the achievements of the Institute, and background on the donor of the land. Interspersed are photographs of the buildings and individuals mentioned in the speech. Received: Unknown.