591. An essay, on the most effectual means, of preserving the health of seamen, in the Royal Navy: containing, cautions necessary for those who reside in, or visit, unhealthy situations : with directions, proper for the security of all such, as attend sick persons in fevers : and an appendix of observations, on the treatment of diseases in hot climates
- Lind, James, 1716-1794, author
- London : Printed for A. Millar ... and A. Kincaid, and A. Donaldson, in Edinburgh, MDCCLVII 
- Naval Medicine
Communicable Disease Control
Great Britain. Royal Navy.
592. A treatise on the theory and practice of midwifery, to which is now added, a set of anatomical plates, exhibiting the various cases that occur in practice, accurately engraved, with explanations
- Smellie, William, 1697-1763
- London : Printed for Alexander Cleugh ; and M. Watson, 1790
593. Vita di Giovambattista Morgagni: pubblico primario pro fessore di notomia nelle studio di Padova, e socio delle più insigni Accademie d'Europa
- Mosca, Giuseppe.
- In Napoli : Presso Vincenzo Manfredi, MDCCLXIV 
Morgagni, Giambattista, 1682-1771.
594. An account of cures by Velnos' vegetable syrup, in disorders, deriving their origin or malignity from scorbutic impurities, or obstructions in the lymphatic system
- Swainson, Isaac, 1746-1812
Yudkin, John, 1910-1995, former owner
- London : Printed for the author, and sold by J. Ridgway ..., 1790
- Nonprescription Drugs
Scurvy -- drug therapy
Velnos, Jean-Joseph Vergely de.
595. Pharmacopoeia hippiatrica: or, The gentleman farrier's repository of elegant and approved remedies for the diseases of horses : in two books, containing, I. the surgical : II. the medical part of practical farriery : with suitable remarks on the whole
- Bartlet, J. (John), 1716?-1772
- Dublin : Printed for E. Watts, bookseller ..., 1765
- Horse Diseases -- therapy
596. The young surgeons dictionary; or, Pupil's instructor: wherein their terms are explained from the best Greek authors; and an introduction to anatomy, by inserting the definition of the structure of man. To which is prefixed, a catalogue of drugs, chemical and Galenical, in Latin and English: together with rules for chemical experiments, and a table of all the characters used in surgery and physic
- London : Printed for J. Browne ..., [1782?]
- General Surgery
597. Directions for taking and using Betton's true and genuine British oil: sold wholesale, in London, by appointment of the said Betton's, only at Dr. Bateman's true and original warehouse, in Bow-Church-Yard, kept by Thomas Dicey, & Co. ; and at his warehouse in Northampton
- William and Cluer Dicey (Booksellers : London, England)
- [London : s.n., 1758?]
- Pharmaceutical Preparations
598. The family's best friend, or The whole art of cookery made plain and easy: together with a complete system of brewery ; the management of malt liquors ; the distillery of simple and compound waters, family cordials, &c ; and instructions for the cultivating of the fruit, flower, and kitchen garden ; the whole being calculated for the preservation of heath, and upon the principles of frugality ... ; the result of forty years practice and experience, together with great assistance in every branch ; embellished with cuts, for trussing fowls, game, &c ; to which is now added, Mons. Millien's famous discovery for preventing either steel, brass, or any other metal from taking rust or canker ; an infallible remedy to prevent persons from taking the small-pox, or any other epidemical disorder ; a certain cure for the bite of a mad dog ; and a variety of other choice nostrums of equal value
- Fairfax, Arabella.
- London : Printed for C. Henderson, [ca. 1755]
599. A short account of the progress and effects of the plague, which prevailed in the city of London, in the year 1665
- Defoe, Daniel, 1661?-1731
- Whitby : Printed by T. Webster, 1793
History, 17th Century
600. A list of the governors of the Benevolent institution for the sole purpose of delivering poor married women, at their own habitations: established January 1780
- Benevolent Institution for the Sole Purpose of Delivering Poor Married Women at Their Own Habitations (London, England), author.
- London : [publisher not identified], Printed in the year MDCCXCI 
- Charities -- organization & administration
Midwifery -- organization & administration
Benevolent Institution for the Sole Purpose of Delivering Poor Married Women at Their Own Habitations (London, England).