You searched for: Collections Medicine in the Americas, 1610-1920 Remove constraint Collections: Medicine in the Americas, 1610-1920 Dates by Range 1800-1849 Remove constraint Dates by Range: 1800-1849 Start Over
21. The American dispensatory: containing the natural, chemical, pharmaceutical and medical history of the different substances employed in medicine, together with the operations of pharmacy : illustrated and explained according to the principles of modern chemistry : to which are added toxicological and other tables, the prescriptions for patent medicines, and various miscellaneous preparations
- Coxe, John Redman, 1773-1864
- Philadelphia : Carey & Lea, 1827
22. Trial of Lucretia Chapman: otherwise called Lucretia Espos y Mina, who was jointly indicted with Lino Amalia Espos y Mina, for the murder of William Chapman : in the Court of Oyer and Terminer, held at Doylestown, for Bucks, December term, 1831, continued to February term, 1832
- Chapman, Lucretia.
Estradas de Mina, Carolino, 1809-1832
Du Bois, William E. (William Ewing), 1810-1881
Pennsylvania. Court of Oyer and Terminer (Bucks County)
- Philadelphia : G. W. Mentz & Son, 1832
Chapman, William, d. 1831.
- Lisfranc, M. (Jacques), 1790-1847
Pauly, Jean Hippolyte, 1806-1854
Lodge, Giles Henry, b. 1805, translator
- Boston : Ticknor, 1839
- Uterine Diseases
Uterine Diseases -- surgery
24. Dissertation on the diseases of the maxillary sinus: read before the American Society of Dental Surgeons, at their third annual meeting, held in Boston, July 20, 1842
- Harris, Chapin Aaron, 1806-1860
- Philadelphia : Lea & Blanchard, 1843
- Paranasal Sinus Diseases
25. An experimental inquiry into the phenomena of suspended animal life: from drowning, hanging, and the action of noxious airs : together with the most certain and expeditious mode of recovering animals in that state
- Oswald, John.
Maxwell, Hugh, 1777-1860, printer
University of Pennsylvania 1802.
- Philadelphia : Printed for the author, by Hugh Maxwell, 1802
26. Essays on some of the most important articles of the materia medica: comprising a full account of all the new proximate principles, and the popular medicines lately introduced in practice, detailing the formulas for their preparation, their habitudes and peculiarities, doses and modes of administration : with remarks on the most eligible form of their exhibition : to which is added a catalogue of medicines, surgical instruments, &c, &c : adapted for a physician at the outset of his practice, with the doses and effects attached to each medicine, &c, &c
- Carpenter, George W. (George Washington), 1802-1860
- Philadelphia : Geo. W. Carpenter's Chemical Warehouse, 1834
- Materia Medica
27. A general guide for practising physicians in the examination of the sick: with an appendix of medical formulae
- Lobstein, J. F. Daniel (Johann Friedrich Daniel), 1777-1840
American Philosophical Society, former owner
- Philadelphia : Belair, 1823
- Medical History Taking
Formularies as Topic
28. A manual of midwifery: or compendium of gynaecology and paidonosology, comprising a new nomenclature of obstetric medicine, with a concise account of the symptoms and treatment of the most important diseases of women and children, and the management of the various forms of parturition
- Ryan, Michael, 1800-1841
- Burlington [Vt.] : Smith and Harrington, 1835
- Genital Diseases, Female
Infant, Newborn, Diseases
- American Sunday-School Union.
- Philadelphia : American Sunday-School Union, 
30. The sources of health and disease in communities, or, Elementary views of "hygiène": illustrating its importance to legislators, heads of families, &c
- Belinaye, Henry.
- Boston : Allen and Ticknor, 1833
- Public Health