You searched for: Formats Text Remove constraint Formats: Text Subjects Legal Cases Remove constraint Subjects: Legal Cases Dates by Range 1650-1699 Remove constraint Dates by Range: 1650-1699 Start Over
1. The tryal of Spencer Cowper, Esq., John Marson, Ellis Stevens, and William Rogers, Gent: upon an indictment for the murther of Mrs. Sarah Stout, a Quaker : before Mr. Baron Hatsell, at Hertford assizes, July 18. 1699 : of which they were acquitted : with the opinions of the eminent physicians and chyrurgeons on both sides, concerning drowned bodies, delivered in the tryal and the several letters produced in court
- Cowper, Spencer, 1669-1728, defendant
Marson, John, defendant
Stevens, Ellis, defendant
Rogers, William, Gent., defendant
- London : Printed, are to be sold by the booksellers of London and Westminster, 1699
Cowper, Spencer, 1669-1728.
Rogers, William, Gent.
Stout, Sarah, -1699.
2. A True relation of a barbarous bloody murther, committed by Philip Standsfield upon the person of Sir James Standsfield his father: giving an account of the many inhumane practices and unnatural contrivances he used ... : and how ... he murthered him in his bed-chamber, threw him into a river, and gave out he drowned himself ... : and by what means, the body being again taken up, the murther was discovered ... : for which ... he was tryed, condemned and executed
- [London] : Printed for J. Conyers ... near St. Andrews Church in Holborn, [1688?]
Standsfield, Philip, -1688.
Standsfield, James, Sir, -1687.